Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a problem with my mobile phone, It is a samsung

Customer Question

hi I have a problem with my mobile phone
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: It is a samsung galaxy S8 I think Its an Android OS ,
JA: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My 8 year old somehow managed to change the pin on Sunday I was able to open it with my fingerprint until today but now it is looking for my pin which I dont know because he cant remember the new number that he put in!!!!! I went to a carphone warehouse and they said that a reset to factory settings was my only option which would loose all of my numbers and photos so io am desperately trying to see if there is any other way??
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No otherwise the phone had been working perfectly
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

First of all, these devices are very secure and if you are locked out, then there are no tricks or unofficial ways to unlock the phone. However, there are some other official ways to unlock it.

First we can try to unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it. Go to this website --> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on there. Click More on the right side under Ring My Device, Lock My Device etc. Then click Unlock Device and when you do that, your screen will be unlocked.

If that didn't work, then the only option to get into the phone is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the lock screen if the Samsung website option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. Even if you take it to Samsung, they will not be able to unlock it for you.

Follow the steps below to factory reset it (make sure you follow the steps below exactly or it will not work);

Turn off the phone. If you can't turn off, then hold down Volume down and Power until it turns off and then immediately do the next step.

Press and hold down Volume Up, Bixby and Power buttons at the same time.

When it turns on, release the Power button but continue holding down Volume Up and Bixby button.

Android system recovery will be loaded now (may take up to 2 minutes. Press Volume Up and Power if it shows No Command)

Select wipe data/factory reset.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

That should factory reset the phone.

After factory reset, you need to set up the phone again (like a new phone). If there is a backup made on Samsung or Google account, you will get your data back.

If you are unable to reset it, then try to erase/reset it from this site (make sure you erase this problem phone and not any other devices) --> https://google.com/android/find

(Login with the same Google account you used on the phone to erase it)

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Please note, I can only give you truthful information which you may or may not like but it is truthful information to your question. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information or continued help, please let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied