Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Really struggling with accessing my account, My samsung

Customer Question

Really struggling with accessing my account
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: My samsung phone backs up my data to gmail but cant reset my account
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Some time ago
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: How do I factory reset, i backup my data everyday will i receuve all my wattsapp and sms back again
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

To do the reset

Once all data is backed up (make sure it is to avoid losing your data), then please go to settings, search at the top for Factory Reset and select it.

Complete the reset, then setup the phone again and once done, tell me if it now functions correctly.

Let me know the results please.