Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Not sure what to do with my devise as I keep getting a

Not sure what to do with my devise as I keep getting a message saying ‘Follow steps on Harmin Connect Mobile to pair’ and it switches to a screen with a load of 6 digit numbers. I have gone into my Mobile under settings under Bluetooth and a Bluetooth pairing request comes up asking for a PIN number..I put in 1234 but it still does not sort the problem. Please explain what else I should do? I have a Edge25 devise and my number on the reverse of the devise is 4AJ149781, thanks
JA: Who makes your GPS?
Customer: i have Samsung G9 if this is question
JA: What have you tried so far with your GPS?
Customer: I turned on the Garmin devise to go cycling but keep getting the say message about pairing. Never had this problem previously and can use my Phone for GPS
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ni that is all

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Richard and I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You need to put in the 6 digit number in order to pair it as this is the pairing code

Please do this and let me know how you go.

thank you

Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. What is the 6 digit number required to pair?

Please click this link

https://join.zoho.eu/949131059

And open the file that downloads

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I asked for the 6 digit number, but don’t mind paying £22 for you to sort remotely, if I can’t So long you can do this ASAP? What will you need me to do?

Please click this link

https://join.zoho.eu/949131059

And open the file that downloads

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
You say you will access my computer. Not sure the point of that because my devise is not connected to that. Instead the devise is connected to Bluetooth through my phone. Would it not be easier if you helped me on the phone?

yes, please do the steps on your phone

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Should I now turn on my Garmin devise? If it’s quicker you can always talk me through this on my landline 01189775705

yes turn it on please and ty to connect

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The devise is no on and I have GPS
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I just went to your link and scrolled down on my Garmin devise to Bluetooth and pressed the button to pair with my smart phone. Then went into my phone under Blue tooth and it asked for a pin but not sure what to do then. Will it be best and quicker you talked me through this on 01189775705?

you are going on the Edge to Settings > Bluetooth > Pair Smartphone. correct?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes I did all that but after a while it comes back up with a screen that says follow steps on Garmin connect mobile to par. I then go on my phone under Bluetooth and click on Edge25 which asked for a pin. I put in 1234 but that does not seem to work. However on the phone there is something that says 7B AF 12 97 OC 11 devise name will appear when this devise is connected. Does this mean I am now connected and paired?

ok, but you do not do it in bluetooth, you open the Garmin connect app, on your phone which you get from the play store and do it in there please.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok I have that now open under a page that says My Day. What should I do now?

You open the Garmin connect app and choose the option to connect please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have done that and on the menu there are a load of items starting with Activities down to help. Which one do I click?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
that is the one I have downloaded on my phone. Please note that last year everything was working fine and I must have downloaded that before. So as I said I have now opened Garmin Connect and from there I go into the menu. So what do I now do?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Still waiting for an answer. Soon have to go out
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Did you just respond as I can’t see the reply?

You need to put the device into pairing mode please as per my previous instruction

Settings > Bluetooth > Pair Smartphone

Then you open the app please like in this film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KIKYKTb6M0

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will look at this closely latter as have to go out now and let you know if I have any further questions. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I put in my phone the 6 digit number shown on the Edge25. Devise and it now says connected to my Galaxy 9 phone. So it seems I am now sorted. Thanks

You are welcome.