I'm sorry about your phone issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Please press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on your Samsung phone for 3 seconds, and check. That should turn off the Talkback / Voice Assistant option. If that does not work, please try the followings:
- You can go to Settings > Accessibility > Screen reader option if available, then turn off the option Talkback or Voice Assistant there. Notes:
- To scroll, you need to use two fingers to swipe / scroll the screen.
- To select an option, you need to tap once on that option, then double-tap on that option.
- Here are the full steps for how to turn off the option Talkback / Voice Assistant:
- Make sure you are at the home / main screen on your phone.
- Use two fingers to swipe the screen from bottom to top.
- Tap once on the Settings app icon (the gear / wheel icon), then double-tap on Settings.
- Scroll down using two fingers until you see the Accessibility option.
- Tap once on the Accessibility option, then double-tap on Accessibility.
- Tap once on the Screen reader option, if available, then double-tap on Screen reader.
- Tap once on the option Talkback or Voice Assistant, then double-tap on Talkback or Voice Assistant.
- Tap once on the OK option, then double-tap on OK.
- That should disable the option Talkback or Voice Assistant.
- Note: If there is a password ***** pin on your phone that you need to enter for logging in, then you will need to tap once on each of the characters in your password, then double-tap on it. Once done, tap once on Done / OK / checkmark, then double-tap on it.
- (If needed, another way to get to Settings: At the home / main screen, use two fingers to swipe down from the top of your phone's screen. Then tap once on the gear / wheel icon there, then double-tap the gear / wheel icon.)
- Also, please click on the websites below for the instruction videos:
We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.