Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have put a new sim card in Samsung Galaxy J6 but cannot

Customer Question

I have put a new sim card in Samsung Galaxy J6 but cannot activate - message says "network not registered".
JA: When were you last able to use your Galaxy?
Customer: Last year!
JA: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is a vodafone pay as you go simcard for my partner to use as an emergency phone. He is 73 and does not text etc.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 days ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

Is this a new SIM card? How long has it been since you inserted the SIM card?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
SIM card inserted yesterday.
Expert:  Ashik replied 12 days ago.

It may take up to 24 hours to activate the SIM card after inserting it. Also, make sure the phone is a network coverage area. Then restart the phone and see if you can receive a text message.

Note: This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5-star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate the answer bad or poor or anything and instead let me know by replying here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.