Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

How to restore a Samsung A50 to an earlier date£

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 days ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

You can only restore to a backup point if there is a backup made online. On your phone, open the Settings app, select Accounts and Backup > Backup and Restore > Restore data. If there is any backup points available, it will show there.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note: This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5-star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate the answer anything bar or poor or anything, and instead let me know by replying here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Also, if you get an offer for a secure remote for an additional amount, please ignore it as it is an automatic offer from this site and not applicable to this question.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We did try the restore before, and it offered the day required 5th August, but it did not send the required code to continue. If I restore again I am worried I will lose everything. Do you think we should go ahead and try again?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 days ago.

If you restore a backup, that may delete all the existing contents and replace with that backup

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We are just having to redo the payment details as our bank declined it as concerned this may be fraud. Please bear with us and my husband will try again in a moment.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 days ago.

Please don't accept the secure remote offer. I have already mentioned that that is an automatic offer from this site and not applicable to this question. So I didn't accept that request and the security deposit you made will be refunded.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am sorry, are you saying that you are now no longer able to connect to his device and help to restore it?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 days ago.

Your phone doesn't support remote connection and it was an automatic offer from this site. If you read my original answer, you can see that I've asked not to accept that offer as it is not applicable to this question. So the security deposit you made for remote will be refunded.

If you already tried restoring from the backup, then I'm afraid there is no other way to restore it a earlier date. It doesn't have a built in feature like this.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you. Has payment for this been taken as you have been unable to restore this for us?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 days ago.

Yes, a security deposit will be made when you click that box, but since I didn't accept that request it is fully refundable since there is no service made. You can also submit a refund request via this page --> https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you. I have just contacted them and awaiting a reply.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 days ago.

You are most welcome!