Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I want to download the photos from my HTC phone to my

Hi there, I want to download the photos from my HTC phone to my desktop, but the computer doesn't recognise the phone. The phone is 6 years old and the computer runs on vista. Is there any way I can down load the photos?
JA: What HTC model do you have?
Customer: That's a very good question! How can I find the model details on the phone?
JA: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your HTC phone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its the first time I've tried to down load the photos..
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think thats it.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

After connecting the phone, do you see USB option on the phone's notification bar?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No but not sure what icon
i'm looking for!

Swipe down from the top to bring the notification and icon, and do you see a USB Connected or USB icon?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No

That means it is not seeing the computer connection. Can you connect it to another USB port and also try another cable?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've tried a diffent cable and port. USB icon now on the phone, but nothing on the computer!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My suspicion is that the computer is too old!

Touch the icon and select USB Transfer or PC Transfer. If you see the Camera or PTP, then try it. Then Open the Computer or My Computer icon on the computer and do you see the phone's icon?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing. and the phone has not appeared on My Computer.

Yes, the computer is old and may not have the drivers. So if the above doesn't work, then you can try Google Drive or Dropbox option. On your phone, open Play Store. Then search and download the Google Drive or Dropbox.

Then upload your photos to Google Drive or Dropbox on the phone.

Once you did that, open the Google Drive or Dropbox website on your computer and you can download the photos from there

Google Drive website --> drive.google.com

Dropbox website --> www.dropbox.com

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Things seem to be happening! I now have a box saying the computer is importoing the photos, so all seems to have worked. Given the age of the phone and the computer, I think it just needs a bit of time to get going. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome and I'm glad it worked.