Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Y, My phone isn't charging, despite changing plugs. What to

Customer Question

y
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: My phone isn't charging, despite changing plugs. What to do?
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: Galaxy A3 (2007).
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have tried changing plugs and sockets.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

If you already tried different cables and adapters, then it is possible that the charger port is damaged. So first, before it runs out of charge, you should backup all your data online. On your phone, open Settings > Accounts and Backup. Then choose Backup and do a backup there.

Now, try cleaning the port and see if it charge. To clean, please see the instructions here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8H1B5Sq3g

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note: This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5-star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate the answer anything bar or poor or anything, and instead let me know by replying here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Also, if you get an offer for a secure remote for an additional amount, please ignore it as it is an automatic offer from this site and not applicable to this question.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Where are you and what advice do you have?
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

Then try charging it from your computer. Let me know the results.