Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a Samsung galaxy tablet and there is a parental

Customer Question

I have a Samsung galaxy tablet and there is a parental control lock on it that i do not want ,i am 68 years old and do not have young children around me ,,i rang Samsung and they said i needed a Credit Card ,but i only have a Debit Card ,so was told to go to a phone or laptop store or shop and they would be able to unlock the Parental Control on my device ,,but they have said they cant do it ,and i have to refer to my broadband supplier, who are Virgin Media. But everything is geared up for putting the Parental control on ,,which is no good for me ,,I WANT IT OFF ,BUT HOW DO I DO IT ,CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE
JA: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your Galaxy?
Customer: A few months ago
JA: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 days ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

What is the model number of your Tablet?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 days ago.

Hello there, Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

If you can't unlock the parental lock, then the only option to fix is factory-reset it. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. So first backup all your important files to your computer or online. Let me know if you need instructions to do that.

Follow the steps below to factory reset it

Open Settings > Backup and Reset > Reset and factory data reset.

If that didn't work, then try the steps below. Make sure you follow the steps below exactly or it will not work;

Turn off the tablet.

Press and hold down Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.

When it turns on, release the Power button but continue holding down the Volume Up button.

Android system recovery will be loaded now (may take up to 2 minutes. Press Volume Up and Power if it shows No Command)

Select wipe data/factory reset.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

That should factory reset the tablet.

After the factory reset, you need to set up the tablet again (like a new tablet). If there is a backup made on Samsung or Google account, you will get your data back.

If you are unable to reset it from there, then try to erase it from this site (make sure you erase this problem Tab and not any other devices) --> https://google.com/android/find

(Login with the same Google account you used on the Tab to erase it)

If you have any difficulty following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Please note, I can only give you truthful information which you may or may not like but it is truthful information to your question. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rerating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information or continued help, please let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.