Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a water colour of a row of Alsace ladies by Charles

I have a water colour of a row of Alsace ladies by Charles Sandler. It is original and is 5"x20". Can you give me any information?
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send images right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I will send photos at the weekend as I am not sure about the technology as I am of the older generation. I love the picture as it has 15 ladies in a row.I have always wanted to know more about it. It belonged to my grandfather...and I am a granny now! . It has been in the family for a long time.

I will be in touch soon .

Best regards

Yvonne Miller

Hi Yvonne,
Pleasure to read back from you here.
That is fine - send over images at your convenience.
If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the images.
Could you please provide more clear, in-focus photos as well as one of the entire picture in one image and a view of the back (do not remove from frame).
At your convenience.
~Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry! I had more photos but didn't send them properly! Hope this works this time!!

Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Hi There~
Thank you for your patience.
You have an antique, circa 1900 - 1910 framed, color poichoir print that was made by French Alsatian artist Charles Spindler (1865-1938). It features a line of women in traditional French Alsatian costumes. It is in its original frame with original antique framing tag.
Just to clarify, a pochoir is a stencil type print done by silkscreening each color individually. Although it looks similar to watercolor, these can be made in multiples, one at a time, whereas as watercolor can only be a singular one-of-a-kind image.
This is a link to a short biography of the artist:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Spindler
On today’s market, your print would sell for $250 - $400. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $600.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** your expertise. Wonderful information! I have another painting to inquire about ...how much would this cost?