Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a Savoy Hotel Cocktail Shaker looks like silver plate

Hi I have a Savoy Hotel Cocktail Shaker looks like silver plate (heavy) inscription on the bottom SAVOY HOTEL, 1PT in a little chase, below. W&H in a flag under which a capital L in a chase, then walker&shall Sheffield in a chase under that it is (5 Court) then a small 5 under that. Please can anyone give me any info like age if it is plate? There is a deep engraved Crest with Crown over and Swag underneath with Savoy Hotel on it. Please help? Is it worth anything or junk? Many thanks. Bob Wyatt. BATH.
This is hotel silver plate made by Walker and Hall of Sheffield, England in 1929. Hotel silver was always made a bit heavier for aggressive use in a busy setting. This art deco cocktail shaker from the Savoy Hotel in London has a value of 55.00 GBP.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** common outside the Hotel? I had two silver plate knee length boot spirit measures with white ceramic inners with it, they have marks under on the soles as well, very unusual? Bob.
Yes, the category of hotel ware as collectibles is not a high-end endeavor as these types of items were made en masse and are not worth a great deal.The spirit measures are called Grenadier Boots and are silver plate, usually measuring 1 ounce and 1/5 ounces. These were also plentifully made. These have a value of 25GBP.Please do click the stars to rate me so that the site will compensate me for my time, thank you.
I see that you have read my answer.Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.