Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a signed oil painting of morning of the wedding Signed

I have a signed oil painting of morning of the wedding
Signed GHB 1894
Hello,In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. ~Rarewares
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The size of the painting including frame is 38x27
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry also the back of the painting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just checking you have received my messages
Yes, I have. Please give some time to research for you. You will get an email alert when I respond with my answer on this piece. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you
This is a print of a famous painting (the original owned by the Sunlight Soap family heirs) entitled'The Wedding Morning' 1892 by the artist John Henry Frederick Bacon (1866 – 1913).Yours is a reproduction giclee print of the painting. This framed print has a value of $150.00 retail.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This definitely not a print it is an oil painting it's probably hard for you to see it properly from the picture I sent to you .
But for sure its oil in a very old frame I do know the original is in museum
Thank you for time
I will continue to look into the painting and get someone to take a look at it physically that is
Yes the family loans the original painting to museums.There can only be one original of a painting and any other images are considered reproductions/prints, however they are produced. A giclee print on canvas is very often highlighted with paint strokes and a special varnish to make it look like a painting. Please do look at how many images appear for this piece to understand that it was and still is widely produced in many different forms. enjoyed working with you on this. Please do click the stars now that you have read my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the links I have taken a look
My oil painting is different if you take a closer look the items on the mantel piece are different to the original one .
I am very intrigued to do more research
I bought this oil painting at a antique auction some 28 years ago it came from an elderly ladies estate
I will continue on to see if I can discover more about this particular painting