Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019

I have inherited what I am told is a valuable Italian vase

I have inherited what I am told is a valuable Italian vase from the 1950's can you tell me anything about it?

Please send images at your convenience.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do you want another, it is not signed and has a fat bottom and stands 34cm (13 1/2") tall

There are no images showing here on my end.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
here are two pics attached to this email

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

This is indeed a fine Mid 20th century Murano art glass piece.

The striated color technique are known as 'sommerso' and the white twist at the bottom is called a 'latticino swirl'.

This was likely produced by Luigi Onesto, who worked glass expertly in both of the methods of sommerso and latticino.

On today's market, at 34cm this could sell for $1200 - $2000USD at auction or 910GBP - 1516GBP.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you point me to pictures I can compare withmy vase. The Onesto and Oball vases I have seen don't have such fine latticino work so I am unsure of your identification
Customer: replied 4 months ago.