Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a number of painted pine chairs for sale. Is it worth

I have a number of painted pine chairs for sale.
Is it worth having them stripped back to bare wood before sale?

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

I do not recommend stripping the paint on your pine chairs before selling.

Sometimes, especially if these are antique 19th century and earlier chairs, the value is higher with the original paint.

As a rule of thumb for sellers, it is best to leave any changes to the buyer.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019