Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Chinese famille rose medallion bowl ...no apparent

I have a Chinese famille rose medallion bowl ...no apparent marking on base . Has been in my possession for fifty years . No damage . Is it worth selling ?

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
8” diameter
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3”” high
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not sure if you can see photos

This is a 20th-century Chinese famille rose 8" bowl likely made in Macao

in the 1950's through 1960's. The bottom tells most of the story with

a clean rim. The 1840's famille rose bowls have some grit and almost an orange tinged

rough rim on the base and some hints of grit within the porcelain. The painting on this bowl is also indicative of mid-century pieces with a black cartouche that has a thicker line than earlier pieces. The value of this bowl is $75 to $100 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me to get five-star feedback for answers.