Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have been given a slim cream/grey crackle glazed pottery

I have been given a slim cream/grey crackle glazed pottery vase decorated with blue irises and green leaves, highlighted in gold.
I cannot identify the mark on the base which is a crown above a laurel wreath surrounding a shield in which 4 birds/swallows/stars surround the date 1895 and a squiggle which could be initials.
Can you help? I have photos.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sending photos now
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Typing is fine thanks

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sure

Thank you for your patience.

This is actually a known Chinese export mark for William Lowe. Even though there is an 1895 year mark on this, the vase was actually made in the later 20th century (1990's).

They are well-made decorative objects. Your Iris vase could sell for $40 - $70.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's a pity. Thanks for the info