Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have inherited 4 Japanese water colour paintings but

Hi. I have inherited 4 Japanese water colour paintings but cannot find anything about them online. Can you help?

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will attach pictures showing the stamps/signatures. One picture is obviously sideways and one upside down (bird diving). If you need more detail please let me know. Thanks

1) Monkey , a 1920-1930 Japanese woodblock print by artist Ohara Shosun (also spelled Kosun, 1877-1945)

having a value of $300.

2) Diving Bird, a 1920-1930 Japanese woodblock print by artist Ohara Shosun, having a value of $200.

3) Koi/Carp, a circa 1940 Japanese woodblock print in the shishikiban format (square) by an unknown artist, value of $40.

4) Doves/pigeons, a circa 1895 woodblock print in the shishikiban format (square) by Japanese artist Ogata Gekko (1859-1920) with a value of $90

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

I forgot to add these examples of two of them so that you can see yours are prints and how yours have faded with time and exposure to sunlight.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.