Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019

I have 2 small oil paintings (approx 8" x 10" ) signed F

I have 2 small oil paintings (approx 8" x 10" ) signed F Fiorelli. They were my father's (who was Maltese), so I suspect they are Italian. The only F Fiorelli I can find is a 17th century Italian painter... I doubt they are that old, but would be interested to know more about them and if they have any value? I can send a photo of them.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

At your convenience, please add a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature on both and a photo of the backside of each (donot remove from frame).

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would have to remove the second one from the frame to show more of signature. I'm not at home till very late tonight so wil send rear view photos later, but I took this pic of the clear signature earlier.

Thank you for the additional image.

Please do not remove the frame for the other signature, it is not necessary.

I will await images of the backside of each (again, do not remove from frame) at your convenience, no rush.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Second one already badly torn on the back, so lifted (very brittle) paper to show inside. It looks like a thin board behind painting...? Or maybe it's what the pictures are actually painted on?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
By the way, they are 8" x 12" in size... apologies for typo.

Thank you for the additional images.

These are circa 1900 'plein air' paintings, meaning works does as quick sketches outdoors and created on site.

They are not by the 17th century Italian painter and they are by an unlisted artist.

Based on comparables, each work, measuring 8 x 12" could sell for $100 - $175 per painting on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks.

You are very welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.