Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a pair of EPNS 3/4 pint pots, in the style of French

I have a pair of EPNS 3/4 pint pots, in the style of French chocolate. Wooden, almost horizontal, handles are on different sides, allowing for pouring from each hand simultaneously? On the base both are numbered 33641 (stamped) and EPNS (EP & NS are separated by what looks like a 3-leafed clover. Additionally, each has a symbol looking like a single holly leaf with the numbers 11 and 6 stamped alongside respectively. On side of each pot is an ornate engraving of the initials SAR (South African Railways?).Any ideas?

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Additional manual (very fine) etched as follows (both the same): N/1806 and the number 767.

Please do add pictures.

This is a pair of Electro Plated Nickel Silver (EPNS, not sterling silver) cafe-au-lait pots made by Barker Brothers of Birmingham , England between 1885 to 1931 in shape number 33641. The SAR is a personal monogram of a previous owner. The fine etched numbers are previous repair and polish notations from a jeweler (common).

The set has a value of $125USD each.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.