Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

Case mid eighteenth clock by Booth, case well kept and

Long case mid eighteenth clock by George Booth, case well kept and undamaged. time piece in good working order keeping excellent time.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Do you have any photos you can send?

.

To send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have sent photos and await a reply John

Hi John.

Thank you. I appreciate it. Those look great. If you'll give me some time to look your pictures over, I'll put together some info and a value for you.

~Diana

Hi John. thank you for your patience

.

George Booth was a clock manufacturer out of Manchester during the early to mid 1700s. He created some gorgeous pieces.

.

That's a beautiful longcase clock. It looks to be mahogany. In fact, it actually looks like a flame mahogany. It has an brass arched dial with a subsidiary secondhand and the silent mode lever. The dial also has swag and floral accents. If it's like most of the clocks Booth produced, it should be a 30 hours and have a chain driven movement.

.

That's one of the nicest examples I've seen. It's obviously been very well taken care of.

.

In that condition, it should be worth about £11,000 to £12,000 in a private sale. With a typical auction, you could probably expect about 1/2 that value. It would have an insurance value of about £17,000.

.

The price will vary a bit depending on where you try to sell it. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction, Ebay, or selling it to a dealer.

.

For selling it yourself, Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Charish are great online stores too. They generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey. Because they are like online antique stores, they do get the "higher" paying customers though. There is also http://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/.

.

Since you're in the UK, local press is a good way to go. You can also try Gumtree, classifieds.co.uk, ukclassifieds.co.uk, adireo.com, adoos.co.uk.

.

For auction houses, you might consider some of the higher end houses, like Sotheby's, Christie's and Phillips.

.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great day.
~Diana

Hi John.

Thank you for the positive rating. I appreciate it. If there's anything else I can do please let me know.

Best Wishes,
Diana