Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have two peerart flower studies one signed gernot and the

I have two peerart flower studies one signed gernot and the other called summer flowers by pawlitzchek. My Mother bought them in the 1950s I believe
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I see that pawlitzchek is a listed artist
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No they are a bit dusty!

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Summer flowers

I only got one photo of one painting. Please add the other and a picture of the signatures.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Signature pawlitzchek
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
painting and signature of gernot
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This one is summer flowers by pawlitzchek

Peerart (J. Pearson and Company) of Colne, Lancashire, England

was a company that made the frames to go on the paintings

subcontracted by studio freelance artists from 1940 to 1960 or so. They used artists that were

unknown that would produce in quantity. Both of these floral still lifes are by artists

that are not listed artists. The paintings have a value of about 30GBP each on average.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you tell me anything about the pawlitzchek who is a listed artist.

Hans PAWLITSCHEK (1909-1972) painted for this company in his early years as an artist.

He is actually not a listed artist but he did do a large body of work that is on the market now.

The work similar to yours usually has estimates at auction of £50 - £70 but goes unsold or sells for £30.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.