Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Have half crockery set, nearly 100yrs old, with on reverse

Have half crockery set, nearly 100yrs old, with mark on reverse saying 'Thames' with crown underneath. Said to be hand-painted, (gifted by my grandpa to grandma on birth of my mother). Any ideas please

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Apologies, we are trying to transfer photo from phone to pc.

No rush, anytime is fine. ~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am on internet, so here is mobile:***********

My apologies, I am in the U.S. and my phone does not do international calls.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Getting there with pics....

Great, thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cannot find REPLY TO EXPERT TAB to activate attachment icon.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Nora, the link took me to Bing, so will copy and paste. It is rather late here, so will email the pictures to you now and wait for your response tomorrow. I take it that the £15 will not be charged for the phone call which was not possible. Many thanks, ***** *****

You can send images at any time - and I will send a note to admin on you behalf regarding the call. ~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Images are on their way now. Only have a few pieces, but just found one plate with a different design, but same colours, with Phoenix Ware on the reverse. Good night for now, Sheila R

I will let you know when the images do arrive to me. ~Nora

Hi Sheila,

I received your images, thank you. There was a glitch in the system and I am only now able to get to our question thread to respond to you.

The mark on your set is for the makers known as the J.S. Wild Brothers. They operated their manufactory from both the Crown China Works and the Salisbury Crown China Works, in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent and were known for producing bone china wares. JS Wild Bros were in business from 1904 - 1927 and was succeeded by Salisbury Crown China afterwards.

The mark on your wares was used from 1922 - 1927 and the pattern name is Thames.

Unfortunately, they were not a very established name and their Thames pattern bone china wares tend to average about 1GBP - 3GBP per piece on today's market.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this.

~Nora