Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a willow tree pattern deep meat dish approx 15 in x

I have a willow tree pattern deep meat dish approx 15 in x 11 in, looks old, and the marks are really difficult to decipher. The first line may start with an 'M', the second line looks like 'Rose' and the third line shows a flower, with a long stem, and about 12 leaves, lying horizontally along the plate. Any ideas?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have you got the pictures?

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Any news?

Yes, thank you for your patience.

This is an antique, Victorian era, about 1835 - 1840, English Staffordshire blue transfer platter in the Wild Rose pattern. Technically it is not a Blue Willow pattern which is Asian inspired.

The scene depicted on this is based on a drawing of the Village of Nuneham Courtenay by S. Owens. The view is of Nuneham Park. It was produced by Podmore Walker.

This retails for 185GBP on today's market.

You will now please need to take a moment to leave a rating for my services here to you by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nora, I have been unable to find a record of this particular mark. Can you give me a clue where to look? Meanwhile, I will have other items for you to research, if you will? Many thanks, Maggie

Here is a an attachment to images of pattern matches to your platter, which attribute the maker to being Podmore & Walker and the specific location of Nuneham Park.

Yours is only cartouche marked with the pattern name.

~Nora