Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

This is a question about a boxed silver plated salad server

This is a question about a boxed silver plated salad server set from Mappin & Webb. I cannot find the corresponding mark online, and wondered if you could confirm the approximate date of manufacture.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't need a solicitor, I need an antique expert!!

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Your Mappin & Webb salad server set with royal crown crest on handles in original box dates to just about 1897.

You will now please need to take a moment to leave a rating for my services here to you by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for that info, Nora. Can you give me a rough idea as to what price to put on this salad set? Thanks, Maggie

You are very welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here.

A fair asking price, on today's market, would be 80GBP for the set.

Please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars,

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

~Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora