Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a large dinner service with an unusual pattern but no

I have a large dinner service with an unusual pattern but no makers mark. We think it is continental but would like to know more about it

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Let me know if this is a service for 8, 10 or 12 plus serving pieces.
Add pictures of the pattern and the maker's mark on the bottom of one piece by using the +Add File feature.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have added a photo and will send another of the base of the jug. It is a service for 12 plus many different serving pieces
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is this any help?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is a jug

This is a circa 1870 set of Old Paris porcelain with a Japanese aesthetic pattern

trimmed in red. Old Paris porcelain is a term used by collectors because there were many factories in Paris making similar designs at the same time and none of them printed maker's marks so we use the city as a reference on this style of wares. The thick white porcelain and these limited marks on the bottom indicate the Paris

region and the aesthetic design indicate the mid to late 1800's. A service for 12 with serving pieces in this style

is valued at $1200 to $1400USD.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.