ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

Where can I get a repair to a battery driven wall clock, 1

Customer Question

Where can I get a repair to a battery driven wall clock, 1 motor driving 2 drive trains ie time & tide times??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I get this a lot in my clock repair shop. First make sure the battery contacts are clean. Next check the battery contacts to see if the wires are loose or has come disconnected. The manufacturer states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. Next the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them to gain access to the circuit board or the plastic gears that run the hands, it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. You can order a new quartz movement from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

.

Cousins Material House Ltd
Unit J, Chesham Close
Romford
Essex
RM7 7PJ
United Kingdom

Telephone:

+44 (0)1708 757800 08:30 am - 12:00 Mid day (GMT/BST)

.

C & L Clocks

Bridgerule

Holsworthy

Devon

EX22 7ED

Tel 01288 381690

.

Bude Time Enterprises Limited

Telephone (UK) 01288 353832

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.