Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a dinner service with Shakespeare head around the

Customer Question

I have a dinner service with Shakespeare head around the outside. It is blue and white and on the back it is marked WB and I thing I can see a letter L. Can you tell anything about this please.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
The next step would be to add some photos.
Use the small blue document icon with the up arrow down on the bottom of the page where you write back to me.
It works best if you add one, write a short description in the text area, send, then do the next photo.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
unfortunately I cannot up load the photos at the moment. I have 12 dinner plates, 2 meat chargers and a plate which can only be described as a plate on a podium. my mother has more pieces belonging to this which I am collecting next month but am just wondering about this service. the pattern is all around the outside of each plate/charger and also on the under side. the letter L seems to be engraved on the back but is barely visable. The pattern is of shakespeares head with another gruesome character alternatively placed all around the outside .On the back it has a circular shape topped with a crown with the word shakspeare(not a spelling mistake) and the the letters WB with a no which I cannot see. Hope this helps

Is the set flow blue or blue transferware? You might not know the difference. FLow blue seems to bleed in color and blue transferware has distinct lines like a drawing. I will do some research with the information you've given. I might send a photo to you to see if I am getting close. This will take a bit so thank you in advance for some patience since this is the reverse of how I would normally work (with photos is best).

I do not participate in the phone service. I will be answering here in writing.

Does it look like this?