Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a set of 4 silver (plate?) candle sticks. Bases

I have a set of 4 silver (plate?) candle sticks. Bases approx 4.75" square and 11" tall. Hall Marks are: WH & S B fig and MP on top an A on its side
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Not a lot about these sticks. I know very little about silverware. We got these from a family friend who is in her 90s and has left the country. She probably got married 70 odd years ago
Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: These sticks are not in bad condition. Theplate does look lie it is worn through on the base on one of the sticks. I have also noticed a .9 under the hallmarks on three of the sticks

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
The next step would be to add some photos.
Use the small blue document icon with the up arrow down on the bottom of the page where you write back to me.
It works best if you add one, write a short description in the text area, send, then do the next photo.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please see attached photos of one of the candle sticks. There are 4, each base 4.75" square and height 11"

Thank you, ***** ***** work on a written answer next.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. I do not want a live call

I don't do those anyway. That was from the site and not from me.

I will be answering here in a few minutes. Please give me time to write my answer.

This is a set of four Corinthian column George V style silver plated (not sterling silver) candlesticks

made by William Hutton and Sons, Ltd of Sheffield, UK between 1870 to 1920

having a value of 1500GBP for the set of four.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Wow! Thanks very much. Is Silver plated items in demand at the moment?

NO, silver plate is generally a low value item. However, this type of Corinthian column Georgian style candlestick

is very popular in both sterling and silver plate. I just bought a sterling silver pair for myself!

I usually give a list of websites for selling but I am not familiar with the sites in the UK (only US and Australia sites).

I can suggest that you go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do scroll to the top of the page and click the stars (adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page). It is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you have other items just start a new window and ask

for me by writing ForCustomerOnly at the beginning of a new question.

-Rarewares