Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a small (10" tall) statuette of a lady in a bonnet

I have a small (10" tall) white statuette of a lady in a bonnet gathering flowers into her apron. Under the base there is a pretty ornate crown with the letter D underneath it. Alongside that there's N361 with a G under that.
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Any idea of value

Welcome! Doris here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses are not immediate. I thank
you for your patience. I am reviewing the question.

*************************
Please read all carefully.
*************************

Please tell me the approximate size in inches.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the item.

Please send a photo of the identification marks, labels and/or words on the item.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the BLUE ICON (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR

How to transfer photos to your computer from your phone:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-photo-my-phone-my-computer-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll organise photos. 10 minutes.....

Please take your time. I am very busy now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Three photos attached. Its 10" tall and the base is approx. 3" square
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
clearer photo of the base

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I may need to ask further details about your item or request photos before I can give an informed final answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No problem. Take your time.....

The marks those of the Derby Porcelain Works of Derbyshire, UK, and date ca###-##-####

The estimated retail value of your figurine is $1200-1400 in USA dollars in an upscale venue.

I do not know Russian currency but you should be able to convert online. If you have trouble converting, let me know.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices. Sales in the eBay "Buy It Now" format are closer to retail.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees-20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.
GoAntiques.com
Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com/about/selling

Or your nearest CraigsList.com , nextdoor.com , Facebook.com , or Facebook Marketplace where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20%-50% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate the appraisers for any issues you might have with the site, appraisers are not employees of the site, we come to the site to answer questions the customers have.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be the pro that takes the question.
You can also add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for this. If you could clarify a few points it would be appreciated.
Wholesale value as likely to be reached on eBay might be in the region of what.
Would this be something that might be best sold through an auction house such as Sotherby's

I am not sure Sothebys takes items less than $5000.

Here are some other auction houses. Or you can check Invaluable.com for dealers and auction houses around the world.

http://www.christies.com/selling-services/

http://www.bonhams.com/how_to_sell/?gclid=CjwKEAjwm-aqBRD39YPqhbzthzYSJACFj-At56r9Dj6LPvR4HSje0Pv8FwM4UTWDECFfQCFY2EKxChoCc8fw_wcB

http://www.lesliehindman.com/auctions/selling/

http://www.skinnerinc.com/selling/

See what estimates of selling value would be at each of these auction houses.

A wholesale auction value on eBay would be an estimated $400 - 700. One can often do somewhat better on eBay by using the "Buy It Now" feature.

I am only credited by the Just Answer site for my work on this question if you rate my answer positively, using the star system at the top of the screen. This does not cost you extra. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Thank you so much for the positive rating! If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” as the first three words of the question. I should be the one to take your question.

Thank you again.