Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

We have a wedge octagonal lustre bowl. circa 1920s for

We have a wedge wood octagonal lustre bowl . circa 1920s for valuation circa z5126 Looks like a woodland nymph pattern on the inside with trees and pagoda on the outside
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is a large gold edged Octagonal China bowl. Stamped Wedgwood and no Z5126. With a 1 underneath. Could be 25126 in perfect condition . Was inherited so has been wrapped up and kept safe. . Have photos of it ! Seen a similar one on an American website for sale called Fairyland . This one had an inside scene of woodland and Nymphs
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Possibly for Sale. ..

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Do you have pictures you can send? If so see instructions below!
.

Use the small blue document icon with the up arrow, down on the bottom of the page where you write back to me to add pictures.
It might be blocked by an offer banner, close that and you'll see the blue icon.
It works best if you add one picture, write a word in the text area, send, then do the next photo.
.
Or the blue camera icon if you are on mobile

.
If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the messsage area.
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Serial number
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Inside of Wedgwood lustre Fairyland Octagonal Bowl. With nymphs and fairies
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Outside panel
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2nd panel
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Valuation please . Have found the preceding bowl to this on the Internet in Stockholm on an auction site !

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Wedgwood Fairyland Lustre Bowl, Z5126 is valued at $2,500.00-3,000.00 .

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Charish are great sties also. They have set up fees to open a store, unless you have a lot of items to sell it might be too costly. They do bring in much "higher" paying customers. Etsy has one of the lowest costs to list items on.
.
There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a Facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). There are also sites like LetGo or Varagesale. If you decide to do that, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. A safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.
.
Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
For future items you might have, just start a new chat window ( Question )
write FOR GLENDA ONLY as the first three words of your question.
By doing that, I should be the one to work with you from here forward, thanks!
.
Glenda,
.
Please keep in mind I am only credited ( and compensated ) for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you.. So if you have any questions about this answer, please ask before rating.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know. (adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page).
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.