Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Royal Balmoral antique dish S H & S England Rg No. 19777

Royal Balmoral antique dish
S H & S England
Rg No. 19777
Manufactured for JONES Bros
Holloway Road
London

This is Wayne I am working on your question. Please post photos of this by Clicking on the Blue Document Icon by the Red Send Button.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
See attached please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've sent you a photo of the back of the dish via my mobile. I am finding it a bit difficult to comply with this system. I have already paid 30 euros via PayPal.

I can't find a match for this I will opt out of this question so others may help.

Wayne

I will be happy to help.

Please add an image of the front side as well.

To attach photos, there should be a blue document icon next to the SEND button.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Am trying to send but blue icon not responding

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

In the meantime, this is what I can tell you from the backside stamps.

The English Registry Number, 19777 indicates this was made in 1892.

The pattern name is*****

The maker initials of S.H. & S. under a tower are for Sampson Hancock and Sons from Stoke-on-Trent in Staffordshire, England.

The ware itself was made exclusively to sell through Jones Brothers in London, England.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Although you only had the back your answer was v interesting.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It’s th front of the dish. At last!

Thank you for the front side view. What is the approximate size?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
L8.5”(22cm)xW6.5”(15.5cm)xD1.5”(4cm)

That is fairly large, which would make in a serving dish.

From the images, I thought it was smaller, like a soap dish or trinket dish size.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fascinating. Is it really that old? Wow!

Yes, it is from 1892. English Registry Numbers are great for pinpointing the exact year of manufacture.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you again.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
5 stars again!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a few other plates and items, but will wait till I have better internet. I will remember to add ‘for Nora’.

Great, I will look forward to the requests.

You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How does that work? I’m new to this. Over the years my late husband and I picked up all sorts of bargains that we liked and looked interesting. We were not collectors. So next time, I might take a group photo of a selection then you could pick out anything you thought of interest and we can take it from there. I have no idea of value.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Best regards
Tamara

It is best to do just one item of your choice at a time per question.

~Nora