Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a Royal Doulton 'Minuet' figurine, which I believe to

I have a Royal Doulton 'Minuet ' figurine , which I believe to be pre 1960 due to the hand written HN number ( HN2019), the prices on figurines seem to vary widely, can you give me any guidance on its value please?
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The figurine is in perfect condition and I do have a photograph of the marking on the base as well as one of the figurine

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please add images at your convenience.

To attach photos, there should be a blue document icon next to the SEND button.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have attached the two photos available for your further appraisal

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

Your vintage Royal Doulton HN2019 Minuet figurine was designed by M. Davies and issued to the public from 1949 - 1971.

The maker stamp on yours was used from 1928 - 1959. Yours would have been made between 1949 - 1959 and with the additional Rd Numbers, is more likely from the earlier end of that date range.

The antique and collectible Royal Doulton figurine market is currently slumped. They do not sell for what they used to sell for a few decades ago and the market was further impacted by the Recession.

Currently, the older Minuet figures are selling for $80 - $130.

Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was hoping for a price guide in £ sterling, not $, as I'm in the UK and on a UK website! A higher star rating would then be appropriate...

I am happy to provide a conversion and my apologies for the oversight.

$80USD-$130USD = 61GBP - 99GBP.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora