Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I am clearing my aunts home and have found quite a large

I am clearing my aunts home and have found quite a large tapestry, where can I go to find out if it has any value?
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a picture of it but I can't find anything to identify it, it is in a frame which I have not taken off yet.
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please add images at your convenience.

To attach photos, there should be a blue document icon next to the SEND button.

~Nora

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Please see attached.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

This is a vintage, 1920's - 1930's, machine loomed framed panel tapestry that is made as a decorative wall hanging depicting a 16th century tavern scene. Likely produced in Belgium.

On today's market, these sell for highs of $80 - $130 on today's market.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora