Wayne
Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have 2 old editions of books by Farnol and would be

Hi there. I have 2 old editions of books by Jeffrey Farnol and would be interested to know if they are worth anything.. One is 'The Broad Highway' in a dark blue hardback with gold-coloured embossing of a hop plant on the front cover, surrounding an oval colour picture of a woman in the upper right quarter. There is no specific publication date although there is a Preface to the New Illustrated Edition which is dated 1912. It is intact and pretty good condition although the pages are a little brown and their edges uneven.
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Sorry - pressed 'return and cut off the message before mentioning the 2nd book. It's 'Peregrine's Progress'. It has a small, plain black - possibly leather - back with Jeffrey Farnol's signature in gold embossed on the front cover. The spine is also embossed in gold and has 'The works of Jeffrey Farnol' at the top and the book title beneath. The top of the spine is a little damaged. There is no date. Again, it woudl be interesting to know whether it has any value. Thank you
This is Wayne I am working on your question.

Your copy of Jeffrey Farnol's The Broad Highway is selling for $30-40 in good condition, Your copy of Peregrine's Progress' is part of a set and would sell for $10-15.

Wayne

Click on the STARS*****When you read this Answer.