ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have old plate made of some sort of metal with what looks

I have old plate made of some sort of metal with what looks like a larma in the middle and a pattern round the edge of the plate That is quite thick it's got the silver marking on it and was wondering could it be some sort of baby plate or some thing to do with a family history of name it's hard to explain never seen one like it before and was wondering if I could look it up anywhere

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you can please post a photo of your plate and the markings so I can give you an accurate evaluation. To add some photos use the small blue document icon next to the red SEND button, then add a message in the text with each picture before you hit send. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Thank You. Let me do a little research and I'll be back shortly. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Mike I've not cleaned it as I was told to leave it as it was and get advice before cleating it the larma and edges are silver sorry I'm unable to talk on phone as where I am there is no reception doing this from a pad

Hi, Thank You. Can I get a photo of the silver markings so I can do a little research then get back shortly. Thanks Mike

Hi, Yes do not clean your plate it might ruin the value, collectors like the original patina. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was confirmed

Hi, Yes that is the mark for sterling silver 92.5% silver let me do a little research then get back shortly. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure if your able to see them
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Mike the silver is thick as well am I right in saying it is a larma

Hi, After my research your Antique Peruvian Inca Ethnic Art Llama plate made for export for the tourist trade and dates to the early 1900's after 1906 and has a value at auction with similar plates in good condition £485.00 to excellent condition £750.00. I hope this helps. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much mike

Hi, Your Welcome if you ever need help in the future just ask. Thanks Mike