Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am clearing a deceased property and have an Arthur vase

Hi there. I am clearing a deceased property and have an Arthur Wood vase with the markings that LOOK like 20 20.U, any thoughts?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have no idea, it looks a bit art deco with pink, yellow and purple flowers with a fluted top rim in silver colouring.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Some of the painted glazing on the yellow flowers in particular have missing patches and overall the glaze is cracked with age, but otherwise ok. It has the full Arthur Wood crest with those markings on the base

My name is***** next step would be to add some photos in this chat.
Use the small blue document icon next to the red SEND button to add photos one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is this?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It only lets me send one pic at a time so I’ll send you a second with marks if I can.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I hope you can read it.

This is an art deco period 1920 to 1930 Arthur Wood of England pottery vase with florals having a value of 35GBP resale.
Here are some great online sites for selling on your own; Tradesy.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com (good for furniture and decorative items). I will also list the most popular local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you;Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), 5miles.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
I'd love to work with you again. To get me again for another item, you must write Attention Rarewares in a new chat window in addition to requesting me.
Please do scroll to the top of the page and click the stars to end this one.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome.
If you have more items, you must write the words Hi Rarewares as the first words in the start of a new question/new chat window in addition to requesting me.

You can also "favorite" me as your Expert.

I specialize in fine and costume jewelry, porcelain, lamps, books, pottery, glass, furniture, mid-century modern, art, coins,
silver, gold, figurines, pocket watches and dolls.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ah, sorry but I couldn’t find your name listed in the experts to choose as your favourite
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have sent another couple of items too but not heard anything as yet