Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Piece of Great Barrier Reef coral inside glass dome approx

Piece of Great Barrier Reef coral inside glass dome approx 150 years old
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Brought back from Australia by mother’s uncle. Mother was born in 1914
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: All in excellem

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please add images at your convenience.

To attach photos, there should be a blue document icon next to the SEND button.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can take a photo ok but what email address do I send it to?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Photo attached

Thank you for the image.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

A piece of 19th century antique coral from the Great Barrier Reef, brought back by ship and displayed under a glass dome has a high value of 400GBP - 600GBP on today's market.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where would you suggest this be best marketed.

Though it may sound cliche, the best platform for you to sell these is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items. You can also try listing on Craigslist, through a for sale forum group on Facebook or a local consignment shop. I do not recommend selling direct to a dealer, as a dealer will offer 10% - 30% of the lowest perceived value.

Please now take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars. To find the stars, scroll to the top of the screen page for the stars.

~Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you advise on a Mary Gregory engraved glass plant pot.

I will be happy to help with additional items, however for each new item you will please need to start a new question thread.

To ask a new question, you can go to your My Questions and click on "ask me a new question"

~Nora