Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an original oil on board Leonard painting entitled

I have an original oil on board Leonard Long painting entitled Tawonga Road, Ovens Valley, Victoria given to my father on leaving Australia in 1961. The picture is signed Leonard Long 1956 and is approx 800mm x 650mm in size. Need a valuation.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I have an original oil on board Leonard Long painting, signed Leonard Long 1956 and entitled Tawonga Road, Ovens Valley, Victoria. Size is 800mm x 650mm. Interested in current valuation. Painting given to my father in 1961 on leaving Australia for the UK.

My name is***** next step would be to add some photos in this chat.
Use the small blue document icon next to the red SEND button to add photos one at a time.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.

Leonard Hugh Long (1911 - 2013)

is a listed artist from Australia known for painting.

This 1956 landscape by the artist is valued at 3500 to 4000GBP resale.

Some ideas to sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com,Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

I'd love to work with you again. You simply write Hello Rarewares in a new question.

Please do scroll to the top of the page and click the stars to end this one. Five stars is the only way the site pays me separately from what you pay. Adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.

You are welcome. Do click the stars to end this one.