Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a serving dish which has some markings on which I am

I have a serving dish which has some markings on which I am struggling to decipher.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: it says Mintons WS ( I think) there is a three in a circle, which I think is the date of manufacture. There is also what looks like a 7 on its side.??
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There is what looks like a globe with Mintons are the top, plus what looks like a crown and Stoke on Trent at the bottom. Through the middle of the globe is a banner which says Deva

My screen name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you.
The next step would be to add some photos in this chat.

Use the small blue document or camera icon near the red SEND
button to add photos.

Add one photo, write a word in the text box (like "pic1", for example),
hit send, then do the next.

(you can't drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste with photos)

I might need to ask you further questions in order to give you my written answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pic 1
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pic 2
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pic3

This is a circa 1888 Mintons of Stoke on Trent England flow blue oval covered server

in the Deva pattern with a value of 20GBP if you do not have the lid and 75GBP if you do.

This pattern was made in several color ways other than flow blue, the more common being the green print.

Here are some helpful suggestions for selling online; Tradesy.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.
I will also list the most popular local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you; Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), 5miles.com (local).Your local Facebook Marketplace online is a good place to sell locally without having to ship.
To have someone else do the work for you, you can go to invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.

To get me again, start a new page with Hi Rarewares and a brief description like you are writing an email.

Please do scroll to the top of the page and click the five stars to end this one.
It is the only way that the site compensates the expert (separately from what you pay).