Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a silver picture frame, the marks are gmg,britannia

Customer Question

i have a silver picture frame, the hall marks are gmg,britannia head,958 hall mark,lion head without a crown,letter z
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: i have a large carved curb picture frame hallmarked gmg britannia mark 95.8 lion head with letter z
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 10 months ago.

Welcome! Doris here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses are not immediate. I thank
you for your patience. I am reviewing the question.

*************************
Please read all carefully.
*************************

Please tell me the approximate size in inches.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send photos of the frame.

Please send a photo of the identification marks, labels and/or words on the frame.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the BLUE DOCUMENT ICON (next to the red "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP or DOCX format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR

How to transfer photos to your computer from your phone:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-photo-my-phone-my-computer-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please see images the size is 11 high 8 width
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not happy with you now you are asking for more money, please refund my money as you have not done what we asked for
Expert:  Doris replied 10 months ago.

I do not participate in the phone call services. The ad for a call was auto-generated by the site, not me.
I will still continue to work with you in writing an answer at no extra cost.

You will have the most accurate assessment if your expert sees pictures first.

Your pictures did not come through at this end.

Please resend using the BLUE DOCUMENT ICON near the RED SEND button.

I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry can not send image, i dont need valuation just need to know what the signs are i sent you please
Expert:  Doris replied 10 months ago.

I am so very sorry. I am an English silver specialist. I have collected, sold as a dealer and appraised English silver since 1957. I cannot give you an accurate description of the meaning of these marks here without seeing a picture of the marks.

Without pictures, I can only guess.

The quickest, most efficient method of sending photos is to use the small BLUE DOCUMENT icon near the SEND link. Your pictures will come through at my end almost immediately.

However,
If you're having issues uploading photos, please email them to***@******.*** directly, and a Customer Service agent will then send those photos to me.

Please know this email method can take 24 hours for the site agents to process and forward to me.

FREE Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris