Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a large floor standing vase I wonder if you can help;

Hi I have a large floor standing vase I wonder if you can help; I don't think it is worth much but just in case.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Hi I have a floor standing vase
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No I can send a picture

Welcome! Doris here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses are not immediate. I thank
you for your patience. I am reviewing the question.

*************************
Please read all carefully!
*************************

Please tell me the approximate size in inches.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send photos of the item.

Please send a photo of the identification marks, labels and/or words on the item.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the BLUE DOCUMENT ICON (next to the red "SEND") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP or DOCX format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR

How to transfer photos to your computer from your phone:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-photo-my-phone-my-computer-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Height is nearly 21 inches
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
16 QUID FOR A PHONE CALL IS NOT PROBABLY WORTH VALUE OF ITEM
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not very impressed

I do not participate in the phone call services. The ad for a call was auto-generated by the site, not me.
I will still continue to work with you in writing an answer at no extra cost.

Please send the requested picture of the marks on the bottom.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No bloody do not
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Nobody's listening on this site

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.

I see one photo at an over head angle. I'd love to see a photo of the vase on a table and one of the bottom.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks but probably not worth the 16 pounds to find out

That is a live phone call offer and I do not do those but other experts do.

I can continue with you here once you add the other photos.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thank you I just kept getting bombarded with requests for live calls I was rude to Doris please apologise I will get photo
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello I am sorry I kept getting repeated requests for payment, sorry Doris

Doris had opted out of the question, so you will be working with me next. I am sorry that you are frustrated but I do understand.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
okay will photograph, I do not think vase is worth much
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is on coffee table

Great, now I'd like to see the bottom if you could.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Just initial A on bottom
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
On side
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Close up

This is a circa 1950 to 1970 Chinese art pottery floor vase with enamel color glazes and sgrafito floral peonies design, valued at 50 to 75GBp.

Sgrafito is a pottery technique where the design is outlined or scratched into the clay.

Here are some helpful suggestions for selling online;
selency.uk, loveantiques.com,Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.
I will also list the most popular local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you; Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), 5miles.com (local).Your local Facebook Marketplace online is a good place to sell locally without having to ship.
To have someone else do the work for you, you can go to invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
You can find this answer again by going to My Questions in your account.

To get me again for more items, start a fresh page/thread and be sure to write FOR RAREWARES ONLY as the first three words of your questions.

Please do Rate The Expert to Finish and click the stars.
Five stars is the only way the site pays me separately from what you pay. Adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you very much

You are so welcome. Do scroll to the top of the page and click the five stars.

Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.