Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Am trying to date small porcelain cups and saucers. Used,

Customer Question

Am trying to date small porcelain cups and saucers. Used, gold with white interiors. The bottom stamp says ‘ Bavaria, Tillman Vohenstrauss, 41’. I’m unable to find the factory online and would appreciate your help.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I have 5 . The saucers have been stacked so are marked. No chips. Does that help
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

Please add images at your convenience.

To attach photos, there should be a blue document icon next to the SEND button.

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You made me look further at them and I found that the saucers have a slightly different mark and number 86 and the cups have three different numbers, 13, 86, and 41 as you see from the two photos.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please don’t call but continue online, I didn’t see the cost until after I’d agreed
Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your patience.

The maker is Johann Seltmann of Vohenstrauss from Germany, note not Tillman.

These date to about 1960.

Although the gold is real, there is no longer a precious metal meltdown value as the cost to extract the gold would exceed the value of the amount extracted.

Value is 15GBP - 20GBP per each cup and saucer set.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora