Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have found a little figurine, brass or bronze ,not sure,

I have found a little figurine , brass or bronze ,not sure , and its a nude lady slouched in an armchair with a wine glass in her hand ....how do i tell if its an antique and worth anything please?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no

My screen name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Using the blue paper with arrow, the blue camera or the paper clip icon (the uploader tools depending on what device or browser you are on)
to browse your computer or phone,
add one photo at a time with a word in white Reply area such as picture #1, for example, before you send.

Please do not reply with photos to the phone number that begins with 415, I will not get photos that way.

I just need one photo of the item (ideally on a white background)
and one of any spot where there might be marks, signatures or labels.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Picture 1
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Picture 2
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Picture 3

I got 2 and 3 but I did not get photo 1.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
picture 1

This is a circa 1905 to 1910 cold painted bronze erotica figurine or a nude

in a barrel back chair, valued at $90 to $110 resale. The figurine was articulating at one time based on the ball movement on the bottom.

Here are some helpful suggestions for selling on your own online; Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.
I will also list the most popular local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you; Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), 5miles.com (local).Your local Facebook Marketplace online is a good place to sell locally without having to ship.
To have someone else do the work for you, you can go to invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them. For the Uk, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good and for Canada, kijiji.com is a great site for selling.

I would love to work with you again. For the next item, address the question with To Rarewares as the very first two words, then a brief description.
If another expert answers, feel free to let them know you'd like to work with Rarewares.

Please do Rate The Expert to Finish and click all five green stars at the very top of the page on the right.
The green five stars is the only way the site pays me separately from what you pay.