ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have two George R Deakins paintings, they are 18in high by

Hi, I have two George R Deakins paintings, they are 18in high by 12in wide and 6in high by 18in wide. that is the actual picture size. Could you give me some idea of their worth please. Alan.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: They are both signed and dated.

Hi Alan, My name is Mike and it is my pleasure to assist you. If you can please post a photo of your paintings and the signature & date so I can give you an accurate evaluation. To add some photos use the small blue document icon next to the red SEND button, then add a message in the text with each picture before you hit send. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Mike, the date for the large one is1980 the small on is unclear but it looks like 1978.

Hi, Thank You for the photos. Let me do a little research and I'll be back shortly. Thanks Mike

Hi Alan, After my research George Richard Deakins (1911-1982) British Artist, your Seascape, with a Clipper Ship, Oil on Board, has a value in today's market at auction in good framed condition £175.00 + to excellent framed condition £250.00 +, your Coastal Scene, with Boats, Oil on Board,has a value in today's market at auction in good framed condition £200.00 + to excellent framed condition £325.00 + both depending on the collector. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer by
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.