Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a Salvador Dali that I would like to sell Assistant:

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have a Salvador Dali that I would like to sell
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Technique: Etching. Title: Le Jugement Dr Paris. Number: E.A. Paper: Japon Nacre. Publication: 1980. Artist proof 15. Each print is handsigned by pencil by Salvador Dali and numbered. Plate or stone has been destroyed after completion
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It has the certificate on the back
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 18 days ago.
This is Wayne I am working on your question.
Expert:  Wayne replied 18 days ago.
Please post photos of this by clicking on the Blue document icon by the Red send button.
Thanks again,
Wayne
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Wayne. Hope these are OK. Many thanks. Stuart
Expert:  Wayne replied 17 days ago.

Does this have any color in it?

Thanks ,

Wayne

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Wayne. No it's a pencil sketch. Cheers
Expert:  Wayne replied 17 days ago.

I can't find a match for this etching in black and white. I will opt-out of this question so others may be able to help you.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

Hi Stuart,

I will be happy to help.

This is a later 20th century, 1980, re-strike of a print by Dali that was done originally in the mid 20th century.

It is a limited edition E.A., épreuve d'artiste which is the same as an AP, or Artist's Proof.

By 1980, Dali was known for signing blank sheets of paper for publishers to then add the print image; usually the artist and publisher first execute the print and then it is signed.

In addition, this is done in black and white; this image is usually done in color.

Value is 200GBP - 300GBP.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora