ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

Would someone be able to give me an idea how much a couple

would someone be able to give me an idea how much a couple of Graham Clarke etchings are ?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: these are not antiques
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: anchor & hope graham Clarke artist proof

Thank you! Graham Clarke's original, signed and numbered limited edition etchings generally sell at the 200 to 300 pound level, such as the two attached from editions of 400, which sold in recent auctions at this price level. If you have titles, I can provide more specific guidance. At galleries they can bring more, often at the 250 to 400 pound level when framed and with no condition issues.

Again, thank you! Is there any additional information that I can provide? Rating my professionalism using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional. (see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl) Also, I don't participate in calls that cost additional money for you: these requests come from JustAnswer and not the expert. If you have any more questions, let me know!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
these don't have numbers im afraid they are all signed but they say - for instance - Anchor & Hope (Artists Proof) on the bottom left and Graham's signature on the bottom right
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
btw they are all really nicely framed and excellent condition but the bigger one - anchor & hope - has a short "happy birthday" etc message handwritten by graham to me for my 50th b/day
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
………. ON THE BACK !!!!

Thank you! "Anchor and Hope" was published in 1991 as part of a series the artist did on sporting pubs. The artist's proofs sell for comparables to the numbered editions and with the handwritten note these sell for 200 to 300 pounds at auction in nice frames. This pair sold for 420 pounds: https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/gorringes/catalogue-id-srgo10046/lot-4a2fd744-b0b7-448f-bcd6-a7a800fd596c

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok thx

It's my pleasure, thank you!