Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a skull on my blue glazed rectangular vase with the

Hi I have a skull mark on my blue glazed rectangular vase with the letters e and c or g in the eyes and the numbers 222 on it do you know what this is?
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: can You help
Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It has gold painting on it like ivy
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can anyone help

Hi, My name is Mike and it is my pleasure to assist you. If you can please post a photo of your vase and the maker markings so I can give you an accurate evaluation. To add some photos use the small blue document icon next to the red SEND button, then add a message in the text with each picture before you hit send. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Here are some pictures
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are these any good?

Hi, Thank You for the photos. Let me do a little research and I'll be back shortly. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks mike

Hi, Sorry I was unable to find a match for this makers mark so I will opt out and let another expert help you. Thanks Mike

This is a cobalt and gold footed vase with chinoiserie design and shape , having butterflies and ivy,

marked E.C, 1960 to 1970, valued at $75.

In ours marks database this EC mark is referenced as "pottery studio (EC) USA circa 1960 to 1970" but no history or

names are attributed.

Here are some helpful suggestions for selling on your own online; GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.
I will also list the most popular local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you; Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), 5miles.com (local).Your local Facebook Marketplace online is a good place to sell locally without having to ship.
To have someone else do the work for you, you can go to invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them. For the Uk, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good and for Canada, kijiji.com is a great site for selling.

I would love to work with you again. For the next item, use the "ask me a question" area and address the request with Hi RAREWARES (very important to write my name!).
If another expert answers, feel free to let them know you'd like to work with Rarewares.

Please do Rate The Expert to Finish and click all five green stars at the very top of the page on the right.
The green five stars is the only way the site pays me separately from what you pay (the post-answer site survey is not rating the expert).
Adding a bonus is optional and is on the Leave a Review page.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for your help

You are welcome. Do click the stars to end this one.

Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.