ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I have a picture of Napoleon on a horse on a tile over a 100

Customer Question

I have a picture of Napoleon on a horse on a tile over a 100 years old were could I get this valued with some other china. I live near Gatwick airport
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: its about 7 1/4 wide by 9 1/4 long. It’s napoleon on a rearing horse there is a mark on the back but not readable by myself
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: can I send a photo on this site
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 13 days ago.
This is Wayne I am working on your question.
Expert:  Wayne replied 13 days ago.
Please post photos of this by clicking on the Blue document icon by the Red send button.
Thanks again,
Wayne
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
image.jpg
Expert:  Wayne replied 13 days ago.
Can't find a match for this I will opt-out of this question so others may be able to help you.
Thanks again,
Wayne
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 13 days ago.

Thank you! This is a handpainted tile reproducing in a naive Folk Art style Jacques Louis David's 1803 painting of Napoleon, see: https://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/napoleon/art-and-design/A-Closer-Look-Jacques-Louis-David.html, and similar ones to these from the Victorian/Edwardian era sell for 40 to 60 pounds typically at antique and consignment shops.

Again, thank you! Is there any additional information that I can provide? Rating my professionalism using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional. (see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl) Also, I don't participate in calls that cost additional money for you: these requests come from JustAnswer and not the expert. If you have any more questions, let me know!

Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for reviewing your answer, but I noticed that you did not rate it. Is there any additional information I can provide?

Rating my professionalism is the way that JustAnswer closes a question and lets me help others. If you need help rating the question, see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl or alternately, a reply like "thank you that was helpful" allows me to close it manually. Again, thank you!

Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 8 days ago.

Hello! I'm following-up because several members have reported issues in rating answers in the past several days. If I answered your question, do use the rating system to rate my professionalism to close the question or let me know. Alternately, if you're looking for more information, happy to help. Again, thanks!