Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a solid bombe chest from either end of 19th century

Customer Question

Hi, I have a solid wood bombe chest from either end of 19th century or early 20th century as it belonged to my husbands grand parents. There is no sign of dovetail joints but possibly rabbet joints. Also wood were it vends is made of separate parts looks like. Some of original nails appear old.would like to know approx when is this dresser date from. Wood is walnut.
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I can send pictures. The metal work for the pull handles might be helpful to see as well as the joints and the style of the legs.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 6 days ago.

My name is Rarewares.

Attach pictures to this conversation on the justanswer.com website. Don't worry, you don't have to be a pro.

Use the light grey paper symbol (right next to the R in Reply) to browse your device for photos and upload.

Add one picture at a time with words in the message area before you send each photo.

Let me know some provenance, or history, and let me know the dimensions.

DO NOT text pictures to 415-818-1925, that is not my phone and I will not see those.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can't see the R symbol. Is this also visible on a smartphone?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will log in via a PC to provide details. Thanks
Expert:  Rarewares replied 6 days ago.

That is fine. The great thing is that this will be under My Questions in your justanswer account so you can come back to it at anytime.

You log into your justanswer.com account and look for My Questions in blue letters at the top of your screen.

This question will be there, also in blue. Click the question title that you posted.

That will bring you HERE where you use the blue paper symbol (right next to the letter R in the word Reply)
to load one photo at a time by browsing your device.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 days ago.

Will you be able to add photos?