Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Well it's not really antiques. More contemporary art. I'm

Well it's not really antiques. More contemporary art. I'm trying to sell Senegalese Reverse Glass Paintings and wondering their worth and how to go about it
Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I bought them in Dakar, Senegal about 12 years ago
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

You must be logged into the justanswer.com site in order to see my answer. You cannot use texting

Please send images

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here are the images

Are you logged into the justanswer.com site? what size are these

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok so what do you think is their value?

I do not do phone calls, Are you logged into the justanswer.com site? what size are these

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
49cm x 13cm and 49cm x 33cm roughly

This is your answer, please read entirely.

If you cannot see my answer click this link: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/antiques/dem19-it-s-not-really-antiques-contemporary-art-i-m.html

.
The Pair of Paintings has an estimated value on the current market for an average of 1***-**-****.00 GBP the People at the Well - 750.00-800.00 GBP Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Etsy is a great site as is Charish and EBTH.
.
There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a Facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). There are also sites like LetGo or Varagesale.
.
Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay,I recommend setting reserves.
.

It was a pleasure working for you.

.
I would love to work with you again. For the next item, use the "ask me a question" area and address the request with Hi GLENDA (very important to write my name!). Using FOR OR HI GLENDA NO MATTER WHERE YOU ASK THE QUESTION WORKS BEST. If another expert answers, feel free to let them know you'd like to work with GLENDA.

Glenda,
.

Please take a moment to rate this answer.
.
This is done by clicking the stars, or a simple Thank you. If on a phone or other mobile device the place to rate is : At the top of the screen. There is a square that says rate your answer.

.
Please keep in mind I am only credited ( and compensated ) for my answer if you rate me positively.

.
Ratings are based on my professionalism toward you the customer. It is not based on the value, which I have no control over. Or any site issues which I also have no control over since as an appraiser were are not employees of the site, we come to the site to answer questions posted there by the customer.
.

PLEASE! IF you have any questions about this answer, please ask before rating.

Adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.